Hotel Room Block Is Now Closed
If you would like to be added to the wait list for a hotel room at the Loews Ventana Canyon, please submit a request via email to Mary Miniaci, Reservations Manager at email@example.com.
If you would like suggestions of other hotels in the area, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest room rate for the 2015 ICEC: $189 single/double (plus tax)
Please mention the International Cancer Education Conference in order to reserve your room at the conference rate. Rooms are subject to availability, and reservations must be made by 30 September 2015.
Tucson’s spectacular ‘Ventana’ or ‘Window’ to the Soul of the Sonoran desert — is Loews Ventana Canyon. Discover a magical perspective high above Tucson’s Catalina Mountains, where this stunning natural retreat offers a variety of activities, signature services and experiences to relax, energize and inspire guests. A playground of visitor delights includes: the luxurious Lakeside Spa & Tennis Center; Canyon hiking; professional stargazing; 2 Tom Fazio-designed PGA golf courses and lighted tennis courts; 2 swimming pools; a fitness center; nearby riding trails and more.Relax in the comfortable elegance of one of our 398 spacious guest rooms, including 26 suites. Each features a private viewing balcony, oversized tub, and breathtaking views of the desert mountains and night sky. (From the Visit Tucson web listing for this hotel.)
The Tucson International Airport offers service to and from many cities within the U.S. and some international cities as well. The airport is approximately 40 minutes from the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
Meeting Code: NMK6G
Reservations and ticketing are only available via www.delta.com or by calling our Delta Meeting Network Reservations at 800-328-1111. Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 7:30pm CT and refer to the Meeting Code: NMK6G. Please note that a Direct Ticketing Charge will apply for booking by phone. When booking online, select Book A Trip, click on Advanced Search and enter the meeting code in the box provided on the Search Flights page.
Reservations may also be made through Covington Travel who may be reached at 434-295-0004 or 888-295-0004. Please mention you are attending the International Cancer Education Conference, coordinated through Custom Management Group. For assistance by email, please send your request to email@example.com.
Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel
The conference organizers have gathered information on taxi and shuttle transportation from the Tucson International Airport to the Loews Ventana Canyon. If you wish to use a shuttle service, we recommend that you make your plans in advance and, if possible, with other conference attendees in order to take advantage of the best savings.
- Arizona Stagecoach shuttle: The conference organizers have arranged for discounted fees for conference attendees who use Arizona Stagecoach shuttle. Attendees can pay an additional fee for a ride that goes directly to the hotel (or airport) with no other stops. Make your reservation online with Group Code ICEC, or see the information sheet for pricing details and a phone number if you prefer to make reservations by phone.
- Hotel shuttle: The Loews Ventana Canyon offers a shuttle service for a fee, which can be billed to your hotel room or paid for separately by credit card. The hotel shuttle always goes directly to the hotel (or airport) with no other stops. Please see the reservation form for pricing details and reservation instructions.
- Taxi: A taxi ride from the airport to the hotel takes about 40 minutes and will cost approximately $55 plus gratuity. Taxis are readily available outside the airport and do not require advance reservations.
Tucson, Arizona, and the surrounding area is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States. We strongly encourage conference attendees to consider coming early or staying after the conference for some rest and relaxation with your family; however, please be aware that many hotels and attractions sell out months in advance. Plan your trip as soon as possible to ensure you have the opportunity to experience everything on your preferred itinerary!
Below are some resources and information to help you begin planning your trip.
- The conference hotel, the Loews Ventana Canyon, has provided us with a list of restaurants near the hotel and attractions around Tucson.
- Visit Tuscon website: The ultimate resource for hotels and attractions in and around Tucson.
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum: Located on 98 acres, this renowned collection of flora and fauna features a zoo, botanical garden, art gallery, natural history museum, and aquarium.
- Old Tucson: This is a great opportunity to experience the history of the old west such as you would see in movies and on television.
- Pima Air and Space Museum: This is one of the largest air and space museums in the world, located on 80 acres and with over 300 aircraft to explore.
- Biosphere 2: Discover real-time research on the future of our planet as it unfolds in this specially designed mini-world. Tours provide an opportunity to appreciate and discuss science in a friendly, informal setting.
- Sabino Canyon: Tram tours and hiking trails will help you explore this natural desert oasis where mammoths once roamed.
- Grand Canyon: The Grand Canyon is a six- to seven-hour drive from Tucson, but the excursion may be worth it if you have never seen this spectacular natural wonder and are not likely to get the opportunity again soon.
- Sedona: Sedona’s red rocks are a breathtaking must-see, particularly if you are planning to visit the Grand Canyon – you will drive through Sedona on the way there.
If you have any other questions or need further help planning your travels, the Loews Ventana Canyon’s concierge will be happy to assist you: firstname.lastname@example.org.